I am feeling in every cell of my body Pluto stationing and getting ready to turn direct. As a 23 degree Capricorn, Pluto has been all up in my business since 2008, but acutely so since the end of 2019. Whether you are a Capricorn or not, Pluto is having an impact on your journey – as its work this time around is about global transformation. Pluto represents the journey of death and rebirth. And boy have we been experiencing a lot of death – and not just because of the pandemic!
As I’m not an astrologer and don’t even know enough to get myself in trouble, the focus of my sharing today is on all that we have been through, especially since January/February 2020 when Pluto and Capricorn became strange bedfellows.
- A violent election (in the US) followed by an insurrection.
- A global pandemic.
These two alone are enough to stir our memories of all that we have been through in the last almost two years (or what feels like a lifetime). We can make no bones about it, the past two years have ushered in an overwhelming amount of:
Think on this: How many deaths have you witnessed or heard of in the past 2 years? How many people who you thought to be friends are friends no longer? How much of your family members are still standing by your side? How much of what you once called normal have you had to release? What in your social life, work life, family rituals have you had to let go? What did you once think to be true but may no longer be true? How have your routines changed? Where is your safety?
Related to safety: how much energy have you had to expend keeping yourself and your loved ones safe?
We are living in a mad world and the Pluto plunge is giving us an opportunity to REALLY SEE how truly mad the world has become. Day after day, hour after hour, minute after minute we are forced to see the conflict, hatred, division, and death.
It is exhausting!
I asked a friend this morning, “Is this what the fall of Rome felt like?” He responded, “likely.” I said I thought this was worse. WAAAAAAYYYYYY worse! Who else but those in power knew Rome was falling? We, all, on the other hand, are forced to watch every single symptom and cause of this death……..it seems……to the bitter end.
It is exhausting!
And to use a word that is soon to lose its meaning through overuse: triggering!
I was reminded of all of this in working with a client yesterday as they expressed how TIRED they were – for no other reason than all that has transpired over the past two years – death, violence, division, separation.
My client’s words reflected the very same questions I have asked myself and have been fielding from friends, loved ones, students, clients, etc.
WE ARE ALL SOOOOOO TIRED.
And for good reason. The world around us is dying and if we’re not in the middle of the dying, we are front and center watching it all happen.
My invitation for all of us today is to:
- Acknowledge our exhaustion.
- Give ourselves credit for all we have TRULY been through in the past 2 years.
- Give ourselves double credit for all we’ve had to do just to survive, and a pat on the back for doing just that:
- Breathe a heavy sigh for all we’ve lost and will continue to lose.
- Allow ourselves to be fully present to our grief – the pain, the sorrow, the anger, the denial and bargaining, the trauma, and the deep weight of grief.
- Take a moment to acknowledge gratitude for those who are still with us and who have been sources of love and support for us as together we move through the violence of a dying work with our eyes open to the new that is on the other side of this death.
We are in this together!