My dear sisters and brothers,
As I mentioned in our spiritual service on Friday, there is a great turmoil approaching – one even greater than what we have experienced before. The death throes of the old world are even more palpable than before which I am currently feeling in every cell of my body in the form of an underlying anxiety that is most definitely NOT my own. I have nothing to be anxious about in my personal life which means it can only be coming forth from the world at large.
I recently heard myself saying, somewhat jokingly, but not really, that if a certain outcome happens in November that “I am going underground.” Then two things struck me:
- No matter the outcome in November, mass chaos will prevail, and from November 3rd until likely mid-January there will be a great wailing and gnashing of teeth. I don’t like to suggest doomsday, but it may be a good idea to be prepared in the event of massive civil unrest and the initiation of martial law.
- Why am I waiting until November to go underground and what exactly does underground mean to me?
While I have no control over the outcome and the consequences of November, I am in complete control over how I choose to live my life. Underground has always sounded good to me – who doesn’t want to live in a cave in the woods? While I’m not currently living in the woods and there are no caves nearby, and it is unlikely that I will be moving location anytime soon; none of this prevents me from creating my own underground in the world in which I am currently living.
Underground begins with a few simple steps:
- Unplugging from any activity, relationship, endeavor, etc. that are no longer life-giving.
- Eliminating those things which drain me emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Examining my Soul for those things that nourish, support and enliven me, and then making these a priority.
- Setting boundaries around my time and my use of time.
- Saying no to people, activities, etc. which are not life-giving.
- Being open to TRIBE. Watching for those of similar resonance and connecting with this individuals as a source of mutual honor, respect and support.
- Have my doomsday team on speed-dial – those I know I can call on (and visa versa) when I hit the wall or am about to have a meltdown.
- Clearing my field of anything that takes me away from my own well-cultivated field of inner peace and contentment.
- Be open to how my Soul is being called to serve and doing it.
- Saying NO to any societal conditioning, expectations, etc. that are not in resonance with my own truth.
- Living my own truth, unapologetically.
As it turns out, going underground is really my own way of creating the world I want to live in in the midst of the insanity and instability of a dying world. Building our own world is first an inside job – we have to feel it inside of ourselves first. Our new world becomes a reality when we begin to choose that which supports the inner contentment, peace and fulfillment we have cultivated within. We don’t need the world to be finished with its dying before choosing our new world and living in it. We simply need to choose it each and every moment of each and every day. If I could give an image to my own new world and what underground looks like to me, it would be something like this:
What does your new world look like and how can you begin to choose it?