“THIS is exactly what we are facing today as a human collective. What world do we want to live in? What world are we choosing for ourselves? Are we going to hitch our wagon to the dying world and accompany it in its death or are we going to choose the (as yet unknown) path to a new world – a new kind of human experience. It is a battle both within us, among us and outside of us. The decision that we make for ourselves will then determine the world we will be living in.”
Good morning sisters and brothers,
As many of you know, on Monday I got SLAMMED by a major energy push that resulted in vertigo, nausea and a 6 day migraine. UGH! In typical Lauri fashion I had to ask every question about what I could possibly have done wrong to warrant such a migraine? Is it the medication I’m taking and the recent dosage increase? Is it the weight I gained when hitting menopause (and helped along by the Covid shutdown). Am I getting enough exercise? Is it something I’m eating (or drinking)? The weather? Allergies? Some deep wound that is trying to find its way out? Any of the above? None of the above? Sigh!
After several days of self-flagellating, moaning in pain and feeling sorry for myself, and then a few more days of punishing myself for “not being productive,” I did a DEEP DIVE and discovered one thing:
I DID NOTHING WRONG
Yes, this nothing wrong had something to do with an old wound trying to find its way out, but the more I tried to “work” on that wound the more there was truly nothing to do. I simply had to see it and then let it be.
More importantly, the nothing wrong that I did, had absolutely NOTHING to do with me and
EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE WORLD ON FIRE
Literally and figuratively. As the literal fires burn around our world (prayers for all those in the line of these fires!), the world as we have known it is going up in flames. The world that we have known, based in fear/power/oppression/and control is burning itself to the ground. Can you feel it? If this week’s “migraine” is any example, the world as we have known it is at war with itself. And it hurts!
If you think things have been bad (thank you Covid-19), just wait. They are about to get a whole lot worse. The energies of this inner war have been amping up all year and are not even close to reaching their climax. If you are sensitive at all, you are feeling the heightened tensions in our world, the increasing division, the fear and anxiety about what is up ahead. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but “up ahead” is no picnic! In fact, it’s about to get really ugly:
- Our kids are going back to school. If this doesn’t terrify you, you have not been paying attention. We are about to embark on one of the biggest social experiments in our human history. We are sending 56.6 million (not including college) students back to school, along with their teachers and staff. We have absolutely no idea if this is a good idea or a REALLY BAD idea and we have ZERO clue about the consequences of this decision. As a mother whose children were once that age (thank God they are now adults) I cannot help but wonder if we are sending our lambs to the slaughter. We might find that nothing happens or that something horrible will happen. Either way, if you aren’t nervous about school starting, perhaps you should be!
- The U.S. Presidential Race. OMG! What a shit show! It doesn’t matter on what side of the political fence you lean; it is all chaos! Whether it is the fight over mail in ballots, obstacles to voting, the Covid-19 fears about voting in person, or the simple fight over who is a better man (?????) to run our nation, it is all insanity. As one who for the past many presidential elections has voted democrat, I enjoyed many of the speeches of the Democratic National Convention, but I also felt the wave of reaction from those who lean toward “the other side.” I also felt (and heard) the crying out from those who are looking for even more radical reform than a middle of the road Democratic ticket will produce (if any). I can also feel (palpably) the RNC readying their response. The image I keep getting is that of stressed out monkeys in a cage who are flinging poo at each other. Did I mention it’s a shit show? Literally!
- The Battle in Our Collective Consciousness – This, is perhaps the most painful while also being the most subtle. I liken this battle to the same one I have repeatedly witnessed in those who are dying (or facing the possibility of death). There is a profound moment where on a very deep spiritual and unconscious level, their Soul is deciding whether to stay or if they should go. It is a deeply invisible and personal process that I have had the privilege of witnessing. I have never seen the moment of decision, but I have seen them in the process of making that decision. The result of that decision shows itself in either the person “giving up the ghost” or making an often difficult but no-less miraculous return.
Our Personal Choice:
THIS is exactly what we are facing today as a human collective. What world do we want to live in? What world are we choosing for ourselves? Are we going to hitch our wagon to the dying world and accompany it in its death or are we going to choose the (as yet unknown) path to a new world – a new kind of human experience. It is a battle both within us, among us and outside of us. The decision that we make for ourselves will then determine the world we will be living in.
Readying Ourselves for that Choice
But before we are able to make that choice, we have to arm ourselves against the increasing hysteria that will accompany the current world in its death throes! Like the deeply invisible work of the Soul in its decision for life or death, we have to turn inward. We have to go deep within ourselves……AWAY from the insanity of the dying world. Think of it like one in the hospital constantly being poked, prodded, and assessed by nurses and doctors and how much of a distraction that is from the deep inner work needed to arrive at a choice. The same is true for us. We need to UNPLUG from the world “out there,” stay out of the fray of the battle, let those who need to battle throw their shit and BY GOD……STAY OUT OF THE LINE OF FIRE! Inserting ourselves into the battle will only get us covered in shit. Instead:
- Go inward.
- Be still.
- Be quiet.
- Exercise patience.
- Trust in the unfolding of the Universe and the Divine plan for love.
- Resist the temptation to engage.
- Pray. Pray. Give your energy to love and share that love with a world profoundly in need of it.
- Connect with your tribe.
- Return to nature.
- Engage in creativity.
- Keep life simple.
It is only out of this quiet simplicity that our Soul decision can be made. What is the world we want to live in? What does it look like? How does it feel?
As the world around us implodes upon itself, stay focused on the world of your Soul’s choosing and make every decision in support of that world. As the world around you crumbles, behold your chosen world rising from among the ashes – not because some outside perceived authority (ie a President) made it happen, but because you did!