As the world around us is imploding upon itself, there is a great temptation for us to want to fix/save/change that world. The truth is, we cannot change the world “out there” until we build a new world “in here.” As my friend Lauren Gorgo often says, “It’s an inside job.” Below are the steps that you can take to create a new world for yourself – one that is of your own making and which will sustain itself no matter what happens “out there.” Let’s get started, shall we?
- Turn your gaze AWAY from the dying world. (Stop trying to fix what you don’t like “out there” – you can’t fix it anyway.)
- Turn your gaze inward.
- If you don’t already have one, establish a meditation/mindfulness or contemplation practice – something that supports you in connecting to the Oneness within.
- Identify the separation within you (fears, false perceptions, unhealed wounds, past traumas).
- Find tools for healing the separation within you (hint, at Authentic Freedom, this is one of our areas of expertise).
- Apply those tools over, over and over again.
- Learn to identify when your fears and wounds are triggered.
- Return to steps 5 and 6 again, again, and again.
- Find out who YOU are. What are your gifts and passions? What is your temperament? What is your personality type?
- Explore how your temperament and personality type help or hinder your desire for peace.
- More of step 5 and 6.
- Explore what is life-giving for you and what is soul sucking (activities, places, relationships, etc.)
- CHOOSE what is life-giving. Discard what is not.
- Go back to steps 5-6….but this time, as it relates to societal conditioning.
- Repeat steps 1-14 over and over and over again until you are living in the world you have made for yourself.
Now the most important step:
16. Unlike the world that is dying which measures its success by externals, the world that you are creating for yourself is measured by how it makes you feel within. If you have diligently and persistently applied the steps above, the world that you created for yourself should feel more loving, compassionate, contented, peaceful, gentle, kind, joyful; and filled with wonder and awe.
Authentic Freedom (dot)Love supports you in creating a new world – one made out of love, not fear, union, not separation. Please check out all the ways in which we can support you: