The short answer to the question: “How do you survive soul death” is YOU DON’T. Soul death is what many are experiencing right now as we are facing the death of the world that we have known and the void between what we have known and what has not yet come into being.
Soul death can be recognized by:
- Feeling as if you are weighted down
- Life feels as if you are walking through wet cement
- You feel heavy, depressed, unmotivated, paralyzed.
- NOTHING seems to be happening in your outside world.
- Inside you feel vacant and empty.
- You feel the need to weep but you don’t know why.
- It feels as if there is nothing to hang on to, nothing holding your attention or interest in this world.
- You don’t want to die, but THIS doesn’t feel much like living.
- You are SOUL WEARY. Exhausted. Worn out. Physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- The spiritual practices that normally provide some measure of comfort feel empty and lifeless. They provide no relief.
Symptoms of soul death seem to be the common theme for sensitives at this point in our human evolution. The world we have known is dying (thank God) and we are in that void between what has been and what has not yet been brought forth into our lives and world.
There is no surviving soul death because death is the point. All that we have done, been, believed, been a part of in the old (patriarchal/hierarchical) world needs to come to an end. We cannot leave the old world behind while clinging to what gave our lives meaning and purpose in that world. Neither can we leave that world behind while clinging to the beliefs, structures, practices or habits that supported our survival in that world. It all needs to go. It all needs to die. And that is terrifying.
Once we have allowed the death of all that has been, we enter INTO THE VOID! This is the state of complete emptiness where we know nothing and where WE ARE NOTHING. This can be a frightening place – especially for those (like me) who seek after some measure of surety. We long to have something to hold on to. In the void, there is literally nothing, so there is nothing to hang on to. Instead, our only option is to SURRENDER. Here, instead of resisting, we enter deeply into our soul death. We allow ourselves to courageously face the darkness, the emptiness, the nothingness and to feel the deep pain of separation, knowing that this perceived separation is only an illusion for in the perceived darkness where it appears there is nothing, THERE IS EVERYTHING. Everything that has ever come into form came into being from this place of emptiness. In entering into the nothing we discover EVERYTHING.
Surviving soul death requires to us surrender to it….enter into it….be with and allow it. Survival comes in allowing the death and being with it every step of the way. Only then can the new life come into being.