Mary, The Magdalene is the only one identified to have completed the full course of Jesus’ teachings (“healed of seven demons”) and was initiated as co-equal partner and Beloved with Christ. It was to The Magdalene whom Jesus first revealed his resurrected/Christed Self and it was The Magdalene he commissioned to share the good news with the other disciples and to continue his work in his stead. As “The Magdalene” and designated “Apostle to the Apostles,” Mary was “the great tower,” shining the light of truth in a world separated by fear.
The Order of the Magdalene continues this work in The Magdalene’s name so as to awaken the world to the truth of Mary’s role in Jesus’ ministry and life, and the higher truth of Jesus’ mission of LOVE which Mary alone understood, thereby restoring 2000 years of defamation at the hands of a patriarchal, hierarchical Church, further undoing the harm done to women specifically and the feminine in general. In restoring the Holy Feminine to the Jesus story, we also create the space in which the Holy Masculine can reclaim its place in our world, thereby supporting the world in the returning to its original nature in unity, harmony, peace and love.
Being a priestess of the Magdalene is about spreading the message of Mary’s true role in Jesus’ life and in the continuation of his work, but more importantly, it is about restoring the world to its original nature as LOVE. As was true of Jesus’ disciples, priestesses of the Magdalene fulfill this mission in their own unique way, relevant to their own unique giftedness and the way they are called to share these gifts in the world in service to LOVE. The ways in which current Magdalene priestesses are living out their call includes:
- Counselors and Therapists
- Holistic Healthcare providers
- Wives and Mothers/Husbands and Fathers
- Public Speakers
- Shamanic Practitioners
- Ordained Ministers and Officiants
- Spiritual Directors
- Massage Therapists
- Hands-on Healers/Reiki/Acupressure/Healing Touch Therapy
- Yoga Teachers
- Meditation Teachers
- Medical Doctors
- Business Owners
Outer change begins with inner change.
Inner change begins with self-knowledge.
Self- Knowledge leads to self-actualization.
Self-actualized individuals, are inherently non-violent, cooperative and collaborative, and are naturally motivated to use their unique gifts in service to the betterment of the world.
Magdalene Priestess Training supports you in:
- Knowing who you are.
- Discovering your unique giftedness and how the development and use of these gifts will provide for you a life of meaning and purpose.
- Moving through the fears and unhealed wounds that might otherwise prevent you from using these gifts to their fullest.
- Enjoying fulfillment in the use and sharing of your gifts for yourself, and for the sake of the betterment of the world.
- Connecting with a like-minded community through which you will find validation and support for your own mission and purpose in this life.
- Finding ongoing education and inspiration for the continued use of your gifts.
Magdalene Priestess Training integrates specific tools and practices of Western Psychology with those of Western Spirituality, resulting in a powerful process through which participants are supported in becoming self-actualized and are then empowered to share their unique giftedness in service to the betterment of the world.
Specific Tools used in Magdalene Priestess Training:
- Western, Eastern and Indigenous Mindfulness, Contemplation and Journey practices
- The Spiritual Exercises and Rules of Discernment of St. Ignatius
- Creativity Practices
- The Enneagram Temperament Tool
- The Spiritual/Personal Gifts Inventory
- The Authentic Freedom™ protocol
From Western Psychology, Magdalene Priestess Training draws from:
- Carl Jung’s creative imagination, archetype and shadow work
- Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and theories of self-actualization
- The humanistic theories and creativity practices of Carl and Natalie Rogers
- The stages of spiritual development of James Fowler and John Westerhoff
- Bill Plotkin’s development of the human Soul
From Western Spirituality, The Magdalene Priestess Training has its roots in the original teachings of Jesus* which Mary, called Magdalene fully understood and which were then formalized into the meditation, contemplation and service practices of Western Monasticism, specifically those favored in Benedictine, Franciscan, and Ignatian spirituality.
*The original teachings of Jesus are those rooted in the universal (and non-religious) call of love:
- love of The Divine (the God/dess of your own understanding)
- love of Self
- love of Neighbor – recognizing that all of humanity is our neighbor
- lived out through acts of compassion
- working for justice
If you are interested in learning more about the Magdalene Priestess Training, please contact Lauri Ann Lumby, OM, MATS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 230-1313.