The second largest religious denomination in the United States is made of up 42.7 million non-practicing Catholics – men and women who were raised Catholic but, for whatever reason, no longer practice. 42.7 million – this is a staggering number and is only the tip of the iceberg as this number does not include those who no longer identify themselves as Catholic. If you are one among those numbers, read on, this might be something of interest to you:
Are you looking for:
- A spiritual home?
- A convenient way to be nourished, comforted and inspired spiritually?
- A way of being spiritual without being dogmatic?
- Freedom from doctrine?
- Support for your own spiritual views which might be very pluralistic (accepting of many faiths and beliefs)?
- A relevant Jesus?
- A way of being Christian that doesn’t judge or condemn other faiths?
- A spiritual community that walks the talk?
(or are you one of the 42.7 million non-practicing and recovering Catholics looking for a home?)
Then you might enjoy participating in the Authentic Freedom Virtual Church.
The Authentic Freedom Virtual Church is a community of men and women who consider Jesus to be our teacher, while honoring the spiritual truths inherent within all sacred traditions. We recognize the Divine as that which is at once outside of us, within us and present within all of creation and which can be acknowledged by any Name, Image or Presence. We believe in the inherent potential of all human beings to become self-actualized and acknowledge the spiritual journey as a formative tool in this endeavor. We believe in the law of love and seek to know more fully the love of the Divine that dwells within us and which seeks to be known in the world through us and which then serves to support the betterment of our world.
The Authentic Freedom virtual church is not about doctrine or prostheletizing, but is instead focused on being a resource for spiritual formation which then leads to self-actualization. Through sound spiritual formation, you will be empowered to discover the answer to the following three questions:
- Who am I?
- Whose am I? (What is my understanding of the Divine and what is my relationship to that? or What is the Source of inner peace and contentment and how do I cultivate that?)
- What are my gifts and how am I being called to use them for my own personal fulfillment and in service to the betterment of the world?
Abraham Maslow called this process, self-actualization. Bill Plotkin calls it the birth of the Soul. Through the process of self-actualization, we discover the uniquely creative way in which we have been gifted to find meaning, purpose and fulfillment in our lives and through which we are compelled to serve the betterment of the world.
Participation in the Authentic Freedom virtual church will be facilitated through:
1) The Weekly Authentic Freedom Virtual Church service available on this site through paid subscription. Please view sample services through our YouTube channel HERE.
1) The Weekly Agape’ Spiritual Practice newsletter where you will be given suggestions on specific meditation and creative practices to help support your own spiritual development. This is available as part of your paid subscription to the Authentic Freedom Virtual Church.
Access to the Authentic Freedom Virtual Church services and Agape’ Meditation Newsletter are available through subscription at a very reasonable fee of $20.00 per month. Subscribe HERE:
Thank you for being a part of our online virtual community…..the new way of being Community in the 21st century.
Lauri Ann Lumby
Pastor and Spiritual Director of the Authentic Freedom Virtual Church