Bad Buys, Victims and Superheroes
There are three kinds of people in the world:
- Those who seek after power and control, manipulating through intimidation and fear.
- Those who are manipulated and controlled, victimized by their fear.
- Those who move through their fear, seeking and working for a world ruled by love.
In the world of comic books, the “bad guys” make up the first kind of people – your Lex Luthors, Penguins, Jokers, Green Goblins, Skeletors, Boris and Natashas, Shegos, Drakkens, Mojo Jojos, etc. The towns people, people of Gotham City, Metropolis, etc. make up the second group – those victimized by the bad guys. And it is the Superheroes – Wonder Woman, Kim Possible, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the Teen Titans, etc. who save the day, restoring peace, harmony and justice to the world.
Real World Bad Guys and Superheroes
The real world, in many ways, is no different than the comic book world. There are “bad guys” ruling the world through intimidation and fear, those who suffer under the power and control tactics of the “bad guys,” and those who want to do something about it in an effort to restore justice, peace and harmony to the world. Superheroes are real and they are living and walking among us – many of them just trying to wake up to their gifts and their call. If you are reading this blog, it is likely that YOU are one of the Superheroes!
We Have Come to Save the Day!
If you are one of the Superheroes, on some level, YOU KNOW IT! And you know it in the following ways:
- A frustration, impatience, angst, maybe even rage over the current state of the world.
- Inside of you, you know of a better world – a world ruled by love, lived out in peace, harmony, justice, collaborative leadership, tolerance and acceptance.
- There is something inside of you that YEARNS for the world you know in your heart, and you feel compelled to do something about it, though perhaps you feel overwhelmed by the task and alone in your vision.
- You may have struggled to find a place of belonging in this world. Between the “bad guys” and those paralyzed by fear and complacent within the status quo, you often wonder where you fit in.
- The traditional models of education, government, medicine, religion, etc. don’t work for you.
- Perhaps you have tried to share your vision and your gifts and been ridiculed, condemned, or maybe even punished for trying to speak your truth.
- You may have struggled with anxiety, depression, panic attacks, sensitivity issues (environmental, food, etc.) (which are all actually symptoms of your SOUL trying to wake you up to your Superpowers!)
If any of the above speaks to you, you are most likely a SUPERHERO and the time of your awakening is NOW!
Come join us!
If you are in the Oshkosh area, and you think you might be a Superhero, please join us on:
Monday, July 7th at 4:30 pm
for an initial gathering of the Superheroes. From there we will map out a plan for how often and when we will gather for:
In our gatherings, we will:
Look at the unique gifts and call of the New Superheroes
Learn how to manage the anxiety, depression, panic and unique sensitivities that often accompany this call.
Utilize mindfulness and creativity tools for discovering, nurturing and cultivating your Superpowers.
Explore the ways in which you are called to use your unique gifts.