There is a new breed of humans who are currently walking the planet. This new breed of humans were born to be Superheroes. They are our future. They are here to heal and change the world. No, they won’t be faster than the speed of light (but with the internet…who knows!). They won’t be able to bend steel with their hands. They will not be able to leap over capital T in a single bound. They will not be able to stop bullets with their golden bracelets or coerce truth out of liars with a magical lasso. The impact of the new Superheroes, however, will be just as great – if not greater.
Who are the new Superheroes?
Here is just a short list of qualities that might help you identify yourself, or someone you know as a new Superhero. The New Superheroes are:
- Born with a deep sense that they are here for a reason, that there is something they are here to do.
- Born with a profound inner knowing of what the world is supposed to be like and dramatically and negatively affected when they witness or experience a world other than what they know is supposed to be.
- Extremely sensitive to their environment, picking up the feelings and emotions of others, feeling like it is their job to fix things. Also sensitive to world events – weather, natural disasters, human disasters, war, etc.
- Struggling with anxiety, depression, panic attack, sleeplessness, insomnia.
- Creatively driven with an active mind.
- Often drawn to nature. Feel more grounded and whole after spending time in nature.
- Not interested in the current Western paradigm of materialism and consumerism.
- Dumbfounded that others don’t understand and expect the world to be as they know it should be and that no one seems to be doing anything about it.
- Struggling with authority—feeling it has to be earned, not assumed.
- Fiercely independent, don’t fit in with old systems of education, government, religion, etc., knowing a better way to do these things.
The Superhero’s Challenge
Again, the new Superheroes are our future. They are here to heal and change the world. The problem is that the majority of the world is not quite ready for the Superheroes. The world isn’t ready because many are too tightly attached to the world they have come to know and many are benefitting from current paradigm which is primarily rooted in separation and fear. The new Superheroes are preaching about love….and as is usually the case, the world isn’t quite ready for love. As a result, the new Superheroes:
- Question themselves because of the contrast between what they know and what others seem to know and believe. This questioning creates in them a great deal of anxiety, stress and they often lose sleep over this.
- Experience a great amount of angst—over the state of the world, the environment, politics, and all of the above mentioned, and often feel helpless (even hopeless) about it.
- Are restlessly discontent over all of the above – a discontent that is not satisfied until they are working toward the creation of the world they know in their hearts, their minds and their beings.
- Are growing cynical over all of the above.
Help is on the Way
As a Superhero myself, I feel called to provide help and support for the New Superheroes! Help for the Superhero in:
- Learning to manage anxiety along with the depression and panic attacks that often accompany the Superhero’s awakening.
- Discovering and cultivating their own unique Superhero powers. (Many have been gifted with empathy and are unwittingly making themselves sick with other people’s emotions, illnesses and dramas. My job is to help them learn how to use this power and not get sickened by it.)
- Protecting themselves from the kryptonite-effect of a world living in separation and fear.
- Finding community – creating our own Justice League of Superheroes working together to heal and change the world. “Truth, Justice and Pizza”
If you are a Superhero and looking for support, please join us on Monday, July 7, 2014 at 4:30 for our first gathering. For more information, please click HERE, or call or email Lauri Lumby (aka Wonder Woman) (920) 230-1313, firstname.lastname@example.org. The world is waiting for you! You are the change you wish to see in the world!