Well, the government shutdown has come to an end and the debt ceiling temporarily released. Do not, however, let this band-aid approach to the issues fool you. We are not out of hot water folks! We are still plagued with the issues of a bi-partisan government, mostly controlled by special interest groups who have their own interests in mind, not the interest of the common good. Our founding fathers established a representative government whose job was to work for the interest of the common good. This model has been destroyed from the inside by the corporate greedy who have paid to put their puppets in office. Granted, not all Senators or Congressmen are guilty of this, but the vast majority are, which leaves those with noble intentions powerless.
What does any of this have to do with the mission of birthing our Souls? Quite frankly, it has everything to do with it. When we remain silent to our own gifts, our call to be loving, compassionate and peaceful people, the structures outside of us reflect our own arrested development. When we ignore the voice of our truth, suppress our uniquely creative gifts, deny the force within us that seeks fulfillment and joy, we enable a world where we are silenced, suppressed and oppressed, and we are vulnerable to the power structures which capitalize on the inner fears that keep us imprisoned. In the end, we have no one to blame but ourselves for the current mess we are facing in our government, our economy, our medical structures, education, etc. etc. etc. When our economy crashes, which is where things are heading, and we are tempted to point fingers at the government officials and corporate power mongers, we might want to look in the mirror instead. WE are the ones who put these people in power by remaining silent, by giving into the status quo instead of mustering up the courage to cultivate our own souls which in turn cultivates a culture with soul instead of the soulless culture we are now living in. Yes, my words today might appear harsh to some, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. What do YOU want to do about it? Nothing will change and we will continue plummeting toward destruction until YOU do something about it.
1) Start with yourself. Who are you and what do you want out of this life? More importantly, what does your SOUL want? What are the fears standing in the way of birthing your soul? Seek tools to help you move through these fears. Finding peace within yourself contributes to a peaceful world. Find a mindfulness practice that helps you to cultivate this inner state of peace.
2) Take time to listen to your Soul. Hear what it has to say to you. YOU have been uniquely gifted to find meaning, purpose and connection in your life and to work for the betterment of our world. THE WORLD NEEDS YOU and your gifts.
3) Seek support. Gather your friends. Support each other’s dreams. Empower the use of your unique gifts. Enjoy the freedom of gifts unleashed and fulfillment realized.
4) LOOK for the people, organizations, communities you are called to serve. Who needs your gifts? How will the world be made better with your gifts? Do what you are called to do. Be who you are called to be.
5) AND VOTE with your voice, your hands, your feet and most importantly, your heart. What kind of world do you want to leave for your children? A world controlled by fear and under the command of the greedy few or a world where we live in peaceful harmony, where the needs of the all are considered and fulfilled and where every single man, woman and child is honored as a sacred child of God?
The world that we live in is up to you.
Lauri Ann Lumby