Friends of the blog……Authentic Freedom – Claiming a Life of Contentment and Joy is AVAILABLE NOW!!!!! See description below and instructions on where to purchase! YEA YEA YEA!!!!! Oh yeah….pass it on! Thanks!
Authentic Freedom transcends centuries of dogma to reveal the powerful and life-changing message at the heart of Jesus’ teachings and the universal truths at the core of every religion. The book’s unique approach offers an opportunity for the reader to heal the separation they feel within themselves, with God and with each other, ultimately revealing the truth of Oneness. Built upon the compelling integration of Eastern Energy Medicine and the 2000-year-old tradition of Christian, contemplative spiritual practices, Authentic Freedom revels a Dynamic and unifying path of spiritual transformation that speaks to people of all traditions and beliefs.
BUY IT NOW! at Amazon.com
If you are an Oshkosh resident: You can place your order at Apple Blossom Books (920) 230-3395. Please support your local businesses! 🙂
In this book you will learn:
- The core spiritual wound that prevents you from knowing contentment, love and joy
- The seven spiritual fears and how to recognize them as active within you
- The seven deadly compulsions that result from these fears
- Effective spiritual practices and strategies for healing and releasing these fears and compulsions
- The connection between Eastern Energy Medicine and Western Spiritual Practices
- The rich tradition of Christian contemplative practices which provide a source of healing and comfort for the challenges of the human condition
After reading the book and participating in the recommended spiritual practices, you will:
- Experience an increase in contentment, love and joy
- Have a resource to return to again and again when you find yourself challenged by the human condition
To the following I offer a deep prayer of gratitude:
- My parents, Don and Connie Lumby, for their loving support and for the sacrifices they made to send us to parochial schools.
- My maternal grandparents, Wayne and Mildred Evans, for their creative gifts as writers and for inspiring me through their entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to the written and spoken word. I have had a strong sense of their watchful presence in the creation of this book.
- My spiritual teachers and mentors, especially, Rev. Jeff VandenHeuvel, Sr. Judy Miller, Leanore Rommelfanger, Sr. Marie Schwaan, Sr. Donna Koch, Sr. Maureen Conroy, Georganne Buyze, and all my teachers and mentors in the Commissioned Ministry and Spiritual Direction Formation programs.
- My writing coach, Julie Tallard Johnson, my local editor Sara Eliasen, and Dave and Diane Biesel of St. Johann Press and my designer, Gretchen Herrmann for your loving guidance, affirmation and support.
- All the students I have had along the way, especially those who participated in the RCIA which allowed me to discover the most effective format for spiritual formation and to those who have completed the Authentic Freedom process. Thank you for being the ground in which this process could take root and bear fruit.
- My clients who through their courage to walk their own path, and their willingness to invite me to accompany them on that path allowed the Authentic Freedom concepts to be revealed.
- Aaron and Jason Baer, Rick Maki and Lori Pierquet, current and former owners of the New Moon coffee shop, where much of this book was written. Thanks for the constant flow of caffeine that kept me going through this process.
- My spiritual family in Oshkosh (you know who you are!). I love you.
- Scot Schmidt and our children Maggie and Wil for their loving support through this process and for the sacrifices they have made in helping this dream to be made real.
- And finally, a deep and prayerful thanks to Jesus, the Christ, my guru, teacher, companion, guide and friend, without whom none of this would be possible and to Mary, the Magdalene who has provided the model of Christian Contemplative witness.