Today’s blog explores dreams, hopes, faith and trust and the invitation to wait in the mystery as part of our process of spiritual growth.
Seeing with a prophet’s eyes
This is a truly strange time for me as I pen this blog from the Batcave (my current temporary abode, thanks to the generous hospitality of a friend) and observe the goings-on of my life, especially as it relates to my own process of spiritual growth. I am immediately reminded that this is my “40 days in the desert” and as such, the terrain will feel foreign (yet oddly familiar); sometimes lonely (but accompanied by the assistance of angels); there will be opportunities for learning, growth and most importantly, temptation; it might seem as if nothing is happening when in fact something HUGE is happening. All I can do is surrender to the process and try to see with a prophet’s eyes. What that means is that I am being invited to be acutely attentive to everything that is transpiring in front of me and be open to where it all may be leading. Most importantly, I am reminded NOT to give into the temptation to fear or perhaps even more importantly, to doubt what God seems to be showing me and what my heart continues to reinforce in me.
No doubting allowed
In this time of mystery, there are certain things that have showed themselves either through dreams, life circumstances, intuition or in my meditation and prayer. These are the things I am invited to TRUST TRUST TRUST will all my heart and with all my will! Some of these are as follows:
- I was given a dream with a HUGE bat and invited to climb up on the bat and let her carry me through this time of mystery.
- I was then given a dream in which I was eating bat wings. The message? I took it as an invitation to embody the death of what was so that I can be open to that which has yet to be revealed. It felt very eucharistic to me.
- I was given a dream in which someone gave me a house. Now, I don’t expect someone to literally give me a house, free and clear, but I took this as a message that the way in which a house will come to me will be magical and effortless.
- When I ask the question, “Am I supposed to be looking for a ‘real’ job” The answer is NO and WAIT. This makes no logical sense, but there it is.
- I have been told for years that my book Authentic Freedom – Claiming a Life of Contentment and Joy will have a dramatic healing and transformative effect on the world and will put me where I need to be professionally, personally, financially.
- I have been told that the basement dwelling situation is very temporary
- I have been told that all my financial needs will be met in abundance
None of the above items make any logical sense whatsoever, especially when coupled with some of the items that I will present below, but this is what I have been told, especially, what I have been told to trust….REGARDLESS of what others may say.
Observing without Judgment
Then comes reality. Life continues to throw me strange situations, challenges, etc. that could cause me to doubt, be fearful, frustrated, etc. Instead, I am being invited to watch without judgment and again TRUST that all is leading to something magical and magnificent. Here are just a couple of those items:
- As I am in this time of desert, I am watching my business seemingly fade away. My appointment calendar is sparce and several clients have been a no-show. Only a few show up for our Monday meditation circle. I feel no call to offer or teach any classes. I could be fearful of this hard-reality, instead, I’m trusting that the universe has provided me with open space for other matters more pressing.
- LIKE…..my father is facing MAJOR surgery – and the removal of both kidneys. I need this open time to be in Minneapolis with my family and provide assistance where I can.
Trust, faith, belief is what I have been hanging on to as I move through this time of waiting. And, I have not been disappointed in the results, in fact, the results have been nothing short of magnificent. Money has shown up seemingly out of nowhere. Angels in the form of humans have come forward with hugs, support, words of kindness and encouragement. When I feel insane with my dreams and hopes, others have provided the assurance and encouragement I need to move forward. All of this tells me to trust my crazy dreams, to be patient in the waiting and to believe that in this time of mystery, a magnificent, fulfilling, rewarding and abundant new life is just waiting to be born! YEA!
How are you being invited to trust your dreams, heart-felt beliefs, hopes, visions, etc.?
How are you being invited to observe without judgment?
What are the sources of support that have shown up for you along the way?
Authentic Freedom Ministries